Throughout history there have been wild and wonderful people. They’re the ones who changed their time and brought about our future. These portraits and bios are a quick take on what they did and who they were.
Kathleen McGuinness is a remarkable and finely skilled artist. Her realistic and fantastic portraits of pets and people decorate the walls of homes around the world. Check out her watercolor portrait portfolio. Or email her about a portrait commission.
- Mary Wollstonecraft ShelleyMary Wollstonecraft Shelley (1797-1851) was an English writer. At 17 she fell for Percy Bysshe Shelley a political fan of her father William Godwin. Since Percy was already married they […]
- Georges BizetGeorges Bizet, (1838-1875) was a French pianist and composer. A musical child prodigy his opera Carmen premiered right before his death in 1875 and is now performed all over the […]
- Arthur SchopenhauerArthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860) was a German philosopher born in Poland. His best known work was The World as Will and Representation. He developed a pessimistic philosophy and believed in man […]
- Baruch SpinozaBaruch Spinoza born Benedito de Espinosa (1632-1677) was a Dutch philosopher. He initiated thought which brought about the Enlightenment including the modern way of viewing one self and the universe. […]
- Emily DickinsonEmily Dickinson was a revered American poet (1830-1886). Born in Amherst, Massachusetts, she was a member of a prominent family with strong ties to its community. She had a unique […]